Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: So I wrote Rich Boucher a letter....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    So I wrote Rich Boucher a letter....

    Over this internet gambling act. In which I was shocked to see actually has some support. Here is the letter I wrote our congressman.

    Mr. Boucher as a proud democrat and supporter of yourself I find myself deeply concerned over the recent Internet Gambling Act. For recreational purposes I often purchase lottery tickets and gamble online. This recreation is at danger of being taken away from me, this act blatently violates my Civil Rights as an American. The act would give banks the right to view where exactly my money was going. Is this not a violation of privacy? I'm also confused as to how gambling via sports betting and poker is different from gambling via a lottery ticket? Gambling is gambling. Recently several gambling establishments were raided in local Appalachia. I ask this question to you, if this act is passed do you not feel that the number of gambling houses would skyrocket nationwide? If this is the case, I personally would much rather have my law enforcement working on stopping violent crimes, drug disturbution, and terrorist activity. To me, this would divert law enforcement attention from where it's most needed. In conclusion, I ask that you re-consider your view on this issue. Gambling has been in this nation from day one and is even supported in some forms by the government. This act would do nothing more than invade private citizen's privacy and further illegal gambling in this country.

    Sincerly,
    Darrell-Dingus Ely
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I wrote Rich Boucher a letter....

    The bank already knows where your money goes.

    And how, exactly, does this violate your civil rights?

    Finally, please tell me that isn't the exact letter you sent...
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: So I wrote Rich Boucher a letter....

    The off-coast sites shoulds be banned.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I wrote Rich Boucher a letter....

    So, if the government wants to look into every purchase you've ever made thats ok? As for the off shore sites, this all comes down to tax dollars in my opinion if somehow the government was gaining tax dollars off of it then it would be ok. There not so there not for it.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I wrote Rich Boucher a letter....

    You think they don't know what you're spending your money on already?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I wrote Rich Boucher a letter....

    Probably not seeing as to how wisley FEMA money was spent LOL

  7. #7
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I wrote Rich Boucher a letter....

    at first i agreed with most on here since banks can look at your funds anyway, but then i did some research because honestly i knew nothing of the topic...but what i found out was that the government can look and see if you give funds to the democratic nat'l party (or if a democrat is in power, and you give to republicans) then if you had a federal job they could fire you simply for your political beliefs

    the thing about banks being able to look at your funds is that it is illegal for them to share that information with anyone including the gov't and they also cannot do anything with your funds except inform you of fraudulent actions

    we also have to know that we're dealing with a regime who will not let people into their meetings or convention if you have been photographed at a democratic meeting
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: So I wrote Rich Boucher a letter....

    The average chatroom will ask some questions when you register. You don't have to be truthful, but many are- good way for an adult to get to the kids. And most banks have a policy that will allow them to freeze your accounts if you default on payments. Doesn't sound like much, but a lot of folks co-sign for their kids to get started. Door opens right to your checking and savings this way. With todays computer scan at the check-out , everything is monitored. More info is more power, see the number of countries that use they euro dollar and the kind of trouble they are in. Don't think monitoring had anything to do with them falling apart, but I think the US is becoming more like them.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I wrote Rich Boucher a letter....

    Not trying to change the topic really but, and details and such I'm a bit lacking on, isn't this all kind of scary to anybody who has read the Bible? I mean I remember being in Sunday School and talking about the mark of the Beast, the number, and having a Sunday School teacher say how it was probably going to be like a credit card or a chip and without it, you couldn't get food, or anything. We've got the chips, now we're starting to use this technology to monitor people and/or deprive people of access or rights, how far of a jump is that to denial of food and other necessities unless you take the mark or do what they want, etc.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So I wrote Rich Boucher a letter....

    I agree Washington state has already banned it.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •